Limited Virtual Income-Tax Assistance at 2 Fort Bend County Libraries
AARP will provide LIMITED income-tax assistance by appointment only at two FBCL locations – the Cinco Ranch Branch Library in Katy and George Memorial Library in Richmond -- in a new, virtual format with social distancing and minimal contact in observance of COVID-19 guidelines.
Please read all instructions carefully. The instructions are different for each location.
You must pick up and complete an information/instruction packet prior to scheduling an appointment for AARP tax-assistance at the Cinco Ranch Branch Library or George Memorial Library. A limited number of packets will be available for pick-up at these two locations ONLY.
Once you have your packet, you must bring the following to your scheduled appointment:
• COMPLETED Form 14446 (included);
• COMPLETED Intake Sheet – Form 13614-C (included);
• Social Security cards for every person on the return;
• Photo IDs for every person on the return;
• Previous year’s tax return;
• Checking or savings account number and routing (voided check preferred);
• Government & other relevant documents.
To prepare documents for scanning:
• Take all documents out of their envelopes;
• Remove all staples and unfold pages;
• Do not include any duplicates or extra pages;
• Do not include multiple receipts for expense items. Summarize by category on a separate sheet of paper.
General information is available at: www.aarpfoundation.o rg/taxaide, or call 1-888-227-7669 for information on other locations in your area where AARP income-tax assistance is available.